A similar process to the preparation process that starts 1-2 weeks before hair transplant operation can be seen after the operation also. This healing process that continues for about 6 months, patients should be very careful in some respects. The patients that comply with the requirements of this process have successful operation and the healing process is shortened.
Post-hair transplantation processes are as follows:
- Retention process of sown hair
- The process in which the sown hair is poured out again
This process started after hair transplantation covers approximately 5 to 7 days. During this period of approximately 1 week, the scalp is very sensitive and more sensitive to microbes. Therefore, it is necessary to take additional measures for the scalp and protect against the possibility of infection.
Especially in the first 3 days, hair should never be washed. The first washing process after hair transplantation is usually performed after 3 days in hair transplantation centers.
The points that should be considered in the process after hair transplantation are as follows:
- Dirty, dusty and smoky environments should be avoided.
- No heavy work and stress should be avoided.
- A comfortable hat should be used to protect against the harmful effects of sunlight and to protect the skin from the dirty air. The hat should be removed in the home environment and the scalp should be allowed to breathe. After hair transplantation, oxygen accelerates the healing process of the scalp.
- No chemical products should be applied to the scalp. Only the products or medicines given by the doctor should be used after hair transplantation.
- At the end of the first 3-day period, the hair should be washed daily with shampoos specially produced for people who have undergone hair transplantation.
- During the washing process, the product should be used 1 or 2 times and should be applied to the scalp with very sensitive movements.
- The moisture of the hair with the towel should be taken in slow motion during the drying process.
- The blow dryer should not be used unless necessary. If it is used, it should be used in warm setting and without too close to the scalp.
- Especially during the first one-week period, it is necessary to protect against the impacts on the head area.
- It should not be used for the first 1 week after the hair transplantation, as alcohol and cigarettes will have a very negative effect on the healing process.
- Sporty activities and tiring work should be avoided.
- After hair transplantation, it is quite normal that red spots and scaling occur in the hair. This crusting and red dot appearing in a short time. The fact that the crusting does not exceed the long term prevents the new hair from getting out of the scalp and prolonging it. If this is the case, consult a doctor. After the hair transplantation, in the early stages of the scalp to remove the feeling of itching can be used by the doctor recommended anti-itching sprays.
The process in which the sown hair is poured out again
After the 1-week period after hair transplantation, the process is entered into the other process, which covers about 6 months. Hair loss in this process is quite normal. Because the first hair is weak and the hair to grow and strengthen a certain period of time is required. This shedding process, which usually begins 4 weeks later, may be earlier or later in some patients.
There are also some points to be taken into consideration during this 6 month period:
- Pool and swimming should be avoided. In particular, some chemicals used in pool cleaning can damage the scalp very much after hair transplantation.
- Hair cutting machine and razor should not be used, the use of scissors will be more appropriate.
- Hair styling products such as gel and spray should be avoided. In addition, hair dye should not be done.
- Especially hairstyling machines such as tongs used by ladies may damage the scalp and should not be used after hair transplantation. It should not be used for the first 6 months since high hot air use will damage the scalp.
- No hot water should be used during the shower and should not be exposed to pressurized water.
- Hair should be massaged regularly with gentle movements and the use of medicines given by the doctor should not be avoided.
- The healing process after hair transplantation lasts a long time and it is time consuming to make a noticeable difference. Therefore, it is necessary to be patient. Spilled hair will come out again in a few weeks and hair follicles will become thicker and stronger. Approximately eighty percent of the hair will be between 6 and 8 months. All hair growth and elongation lasts approximately 1 year. At the end of a year, the scars on the scalp will be completely gone, and the hair will become rougher and look quite natural. The quality and permanence of the hair transplantation process can be increased with some treatments to be performed following the healing process after hair transplantation. One of these care methods is hair mesotherapy